The great thing about Once a Month Cooking, is despite the chaos, we've been able to sit down and have a warm, home cooked dinner every night without much effort because it's in the freezer.
This week proves to be just as busy as last- my birthday, the arrival of a new addition to our extended family, and relatives who are visiting. So, here is my weekly menu. Just click on the name of the entree and it will take you right to allrecipes where you can find the recipe and cooking instructions.
I'd love to hear from you! Have you tried a freezer recipe? Did you get up the courage to have a cook-a-thon in your kitchen yet? What type of recipes are your favorites that you would like to see on here? I'm all ears on how I can make this blog better serve you. Have a great week!
Menu for October 11- October 17th
- Spinach and Feta Quiche ( I followed the directions up until baking, and baked for about 20 minutes, or until set. Then, I let it cool and used my vacuum sealer on it. On cooking day, just preheat the oven to 375 and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes in my oven.)
- Tomato Basil Soup (Progresso Can)- Sometimes you have to take shortcuts!
- Turkey Tacos- no "recipe" here, just browned some ground turkey and used this Taco Seasoning that I already had made up on one of my prep days, and served in warm tortillas with cheese, sour cream.
- Taco Rice
- Chips & Salsa
- Broccoli Cheese Chicken Casserole
- Uncle Bens Long Grain Wild Rice
- Mixed Green Salad
- Worlds Best Lasagna- I do not bake this on assembly day. Just let it cool before freezing it. On cooking day, let it thaw completely, and bake following directions on recipe.
- Garlic Bread
- Ceaser Salad
- My birthday dinner...out to eat!
We will be tailgating, so I'm bringing this and serving it with Fritos.
- Chili Cheese Potato Casserole. - Again, I followed the recipe up until the point of baking and then froze it. On cooking day, just let it thaw and top with 1/2C. shredded cheddar cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese has melted.
Family Dinner @ my parents house, which means no cooking for me! Hooray!
Enjoy your week and I'll see you soon!